Job Advert Developer
Closing Date 3 November 2018
Remuneration package Negotiable according to skill level (starting at R20 000p/m)
Department & Region: Cape Town (Bellville)
This company is passionate about the innovative pursuit of excellence in providing end-to-end IT management and consultative IT services that create reliable, robust and user friendly solutions. Through a culture of excellence, partnership and fun, the company attracts and empowers staff with an inspirational work experience, world class software and globally renowned suppliers and partners to deliver services and solutions to their clients, helping to secure and enhance their IT reputations.
The successful candidate will display a passion for coding and will have a strong need to learn. We have a hard-working, high pressured responsive environment where constant learning is a given and initiative is a must. We encourage our team members to take ownership of their responsibilities.
- Developing commercial grade web based applications.
- Do research of development technologies
- Perform application testing
- Understanding and conformance to software change control life cycle.
- Responsible for object orientated database development in a strong network and infrastructure management environment.
- Ability to operate independently while delivering work that meets the quality and standards as dictated by the employer.
- Develop and configure server back end components.
ü Matric (with Maths HG)
ü Recognised IT Certificate/Diploma in Development
3+ Years proven experience in a combination of the following:
ü SQL Query Language
ü MySQL Database experience
ü Intermediate Operating Systems skills (Windows and/or Linux)
Must have a good understanding of object orientation and web development.
MUST be able to code from scratch, i.e. without the assistance of frameworks or code generators.
Proven development experience in one or more of the following technologies will be advantageous:
ü Cache, Ensemble
ü Elastic Search
ü Zero MQ
- High degree of aptitude in the IT environment
- Passion for technology and learning
- Understanding of the Management of IT and IT Infrastructure
- Entrepreneurial initiative (self-starter)
- High degree of professionalism
- Deadline driven
- Passion, drive and ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Attention to detail and producing quality work
- Team orientated as well as ability to work independently
- Able to work under pressure
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving skills
- Make sure that the following information is provided with your application:
- All qualifications
- Previous Employers if any
ü Duties and achievements
ü Contact numbers
ü Workplace Details
- Provide a summary of experience gained in all previous roles or during studies specifying the technologies
- Include all working experience, even if not directly related to your field of expertise
- Include recently certified copies of your qualifications and ID together with your application
- It is compulsory to complete the above information. Applications that do not meet this requirement will automatically be disqualified.
Offerd SalaryR20,000 - R30,000