Position Electrical Engineer
Duration 5-6 months (until Dec 2018/ January 2019)
Location Lephalale (Ellisras)
Requirement Must have Eskom experience
4 RESPONSIBLE FOR
4.1 Environmental, Health and Safety: liaising with Site EHS responsible
– Check that EHS considerations according to local practice are taken into account in the design
4.2 Quality: liaising with Site Quality responsible
– Check document control processes to ensure latest information and documents are being used
– Inspect output from design groups to ensure quality of documentation is acceptable.
– Check design processes to ensure that latest interfaces across disciplines have been considered.
– Ensure timely response to technical queries from subcontractors
– Manage properly the erection documentation
– Provide/ obtain responses to technical queries raised on electrical works
4.5 Budget and Commercial
– Review/ propose designs that offer economic solutions to design requirements
– Ensure design documentation includes all customer/ contract requirements.
– Set up and maintain the technical query register
– Maintain records related to civil design as required by the customer/ statutory bodies relevant to the project.
5.1 Environmental, Health and Safety: liaising with site EHS responsible
– Check that EHS requirements for the project have been distributed to electrical design and erection groups
– Check that design proposals and detailed designs ensure environmental requirements
– Check design proposals and detailed designs and identify any hazardous substances. Propose ways to eliminate the use of hazardous substances on the project.
5.2 Quality: liaising with site Quality Manager
– Check design processes to ensure requirements of all disciplines are considered. Especially for last modifications or interfaces with material supply of other disciplines.
– Ensure design certification records required by the client and statutory bodies are maintained.
– Ensure design documents include adequate reference to acceptance standards to be achieved for the various elements of work
– Monitor supply of input information from other disciplines and report any problems
– Identify areas where design information may be needed earlier than planned.
– Provide access to design information and tools (for example 3D PDMS) to assist in construction planning
– Coordinate transfer of documentation and information between design and execution on site
– Manage technical query system to ensure timely responses to queries raised, with the support of the design section if need be
– Field change request (FCR) / Non conformance report (NCR) preparation and/or check and/or validation
– Review design proposals to ensure local design standards that apply to the project are used
– Assist the electrical construction team for the choice of the material if need be
– Update ATHENA cable management database
5.5 Budget and Commercial
– Assist Lead Engineer Electrical with preparation of variations to the client
– Assist Lead Engineer Electrical with design reviews aimed at reducing cost or time taken to execute the work.
– Maintain the technical query register and follow up outstanding technical queries
– Maintain the DCN, FCR and NCR registers and follow up outstanding open points
– Issue reports on the status of design drawings and information
– Check and control that all the site modifications are “red marked” on drawings
– Assemble design information required by statutory bodies and the client.
– Authorised to issue replies to technical queries
– Authorised to issue civil design information to other groups
– Authorised to affix the Status Certified for Construction (CFC) in close relation with the Electrical Design Lead Engineer This delegation regarding CFC stamping has to be confirmed for each project.
In the frame of this delegation from the Electrical Design Section a documented request to proceed shall be mandatory initiated for the following:
– Any modifications in the turbine-generator pedestals,
– The modifications on Electrical execution drawings inducing significant changes in bill of quantities or affecting the design calculations,
– The modifications relative to particular Erection execution procedures.
– The modifications of controls as listed in quality control plans,
– The quantities estimate of field change requests and/or extra works.
– Contract and subcontract documents
– Bid documentation including budget, PCDB and DOW documents
– Electrical documentation
– Standard design details and arrangements
– Design change notice (DCN)
– Field change request (FCR) / Non conformance report (NCR) check and/or validation
– Documents from subcontractors and client.
– Replies to technical queries
– Issue on site of Certified for Construction (CFC) drawings
– Field change requests (FCR) / Non conformance report (NCR) preparation or check and/or validation
– Transfer of information between groups
– Correspondence to Architect Engineer and subcontractors
– Information for input to project systems